Monday, February 22, 2010

PERFORMANCES


There is something about good performances, they are cerebral and touch a nerve with your emotional side at the same time. However hard you try to control those elephantine drops of tears, trying to cage them in every nook and cranny of your eyes, acting all cool and strong; the truth is GOOD PERFORMANCES do have the ability to move you, touch you and warm the cockles of your heart. 

I am intoxicated by cinema and even if I have missed out on a lot of good films over the years, I am quite sure I'll catch up with them at some point or the other. I pay a tribute to some of the best films I've watched this year and thank them for endowing me with unprecedented renditions. 


Few acts that have managed to stir up my grey cells lately:

Sean Penn essaying the role of Harvey Milk in the movie Milk
Sean Penn in Assassination of Richard Nixon
Joey Lauren Adams playing Alissa Jones in the movie Chasing Amy
Shahrukh Khan in My Name is Khan
Alan Tudyk as Simon in Death at a funeral (comedy at its best)
Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles
Billy Bob in Slingblade
Mickey Rourke as Randy in The wrestler
Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts in Charlie Wilsons War  
Heath Ledger and Christian Bale in Dark Knight (truly a legend)








No comments:

Post a Comment